Here at Photo & Digital we are your Christchurch passport photo photography specialist
Here are a few of the ways we do that:
- We can cater to all your passport needs including babies and children. International Passports, Visa’s and ID needs are not a problem either.
- We make sure you are well lit to avoid problems caused by shadows.
- We will show you your photo before printing to make sure you are happy with it.
- We check that it comply’s with the passport standards to make sure your photo will be approved so there is no messing around with more paperwork than you need to – after all you have a holiday to plan!
- We can print out a physical copy and/or email it to you for digital use.
What should I wear?
- We recommend wearing natural looking makeup.
- Make sure your hair is up off your face, or tucked behind your ears so it is not covering your face.
- You will need to remove any glasses, scarfs (unless it is for religious or medical reasons) or hats so we can see your face.
- You can wear your glasses as long as you do not have heavy rimmed frames (we just need to make sure we can see your eyes clearly through the glasses with no reflections).
- We can help by letting you know if you are wearing anything that will stop your passport getting accepted.
How does the passport process work?
- Come in to our Christchurch Photo Lab at 283 Lincoln Road, Addington in Christchurch and let us know you want your passport photo taken.
- Select the format you need your photos in (print if your mailing in an application, digital if you are applying online) print, email or on a CD.
- We will position you in a well lit area to avoid any shadows that cause problems with how the photo looks . We make sure you have a suitable amount of space around your head and make any wardrobe tweaks to ensure you comply with the latest passport standards.
- Unfortunately you are not allowed to smile in passport photos so you need to put on your best looking neutral expression.
- We take 2 shots of you
- You can view and choose the best shot and make sure you are happy with it.
- We can put your image through our special passport computer software that comply’s with our national passport photo requirements and also most international country requirements. Then print, post or burn your photos so you have a copy.
- Then all that is left to do is pay then you can head out and start preparing for your trip.
How much will they cost?
- Your passport photo will cost $19.99 for a physical print OR for an online copy.
- $24.99 for a physical print AND an online copy.